I have developed an automated mutual fund portfolio tracker which will enable us to track SIP and lump sum investments with minimal input. Financial goals can be assigned to fund holdings, and net returns can be calculated for the goals and the individual funds.
I had requested members of Ashals FB group, Asan Ideas for Wealth to beta test this tracker. I have been using this since this year to track all my holdings.
Many members rigorously tested the tracker and suggested several improvements, all of which have now been implemented.
I have now included a ‘capital gains’ calculator for future redemptions with tax, lock-in and exit loads accounted for.
An analysis sheet in which a fund value and investment be plotted with time.
I will try and include the possibility of benchmark comparison.
Meanwhile, I would like to request readers to test the tracker once again so that I can fine tune it further.
If you are interested in testing it, simply leave a comment and I send you the download link.
1. You are free to use the coding in any way you like. Kindly do not share the file publically until the final version!
2. I am looking for two kinds of feedback. (a) analysis of existing features and (b) suggestions for adding new features. Please note that that the latter feedback will depend on total file size and ease of use.
3. It would be great if you could let me know how this file compares with other trackers like moneycontrol, VRonline, Perfios, Mprofit etc
4. God willing, I will a week for your feedback and post the final version hopefully by the end of next week.
Subscribe and join the freefincal Youtube community!
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. It is also available in Kindle format.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is meant for young earners to get their basics right from day one! It will also help you travel to exotic places at low cost! Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)