Many readers have suggested that I introduce a paid, but ad-free way to read freefincal articles. So here it is! No one likes ads and some of my oldest readers will tell you that the site was ad-free for a long while and I even tried crowdfunding but that not enough to manage hosting costs (which keep increasing due to traffic), domain fee, plugin fees, email sending costs, software and data. And I am not counting the internet costs. computer usage and my time and effort.
So ads are the simplest and practical solution. To every reader who has complained that the ads are annoying, I have recommended the use of ad-blockers. In fact 40% of all freefincal traffic use ad-blockers. Well, it is what it is and I personally do not a choice or problem with this arrangement. Readers, however, want a choice and I am ready to offer it to them.
Some readers have told me that they feel guilty for using ad-blockers. Yes, that is justified guilt as 60% of the traffic is paying for 100% of costs. So they want a way to pay and read freefincal content. Other readers have said that they do not want to use ad-blockers and want to pay for ad-free content.
Okay, if that is what some of you want, then I am happy to offer a choice. Let me see how many will take it up.
Ad-free freefincal newsletter
If you subscribe to this, you can read all posts (after you sign up) ad-free right from your inbox. This is how the post would look like in mobile (partial snapshot)
This is how it will look like on a desktop (partial snapshot).
I publish about 250 posts a year and I estimate the cost per user, per ad-free email as Rs. 12. So the subscription fee is Rs. 3000 per year.
Essential points about the ad-free newsletter (Read before you sign up!)
- This is not a premium newsletter. The content will be the same as what will be available at freefincal but without ads
- Only posts published after you subscribe will be available ad-free for a year from the date of purchase. To continue, you will have to renew.
- To access old articles, you will have to visit the site.
- You can only read the ad-free posts in your inbox. If you delete the mail, you lose that article forever. I will not send it again.
- You cannot get a refund if you wish to be removed from the mailing list anytime after you sign up.
- You can only pay once in advance.
- Do not ask for a monthly payment option. That is just too much work and I am not interested.
- You cannot get a refund or discount if for some reason I am unable to publish content regularly or not at all or if the site is shut down or for any other reason.
- You cannot get a refund if for some reasons ads are removed from the site or fewer ads are shown
- you cannot get a refund for any other reason!
- If for some reason, within a month from now (12 Dec 2018), I find that the arrangement is not working out or emails are not getting sent properly, I reserve the right to stop this service and refund the full amount (in this case, I may require your bank details for the transfer)
- Although I shall strive to keep the renewal fees the same for some time, I cannot guarantee this. The same applies to the initial sign up fee as well.
- Mails will be sent from email@example.com It is your responsibility to add this address to the list of your contacts and check if the ad-free post has been sent to spam
- If you have not received post emails after sign up, it is possible that your mail client is refusing to accept emails from the above email. You can solve this by sending an email to that address.
- It is better to use a personal email for signing up.
- Note that emails with full HTML content may be sent to spam especially in popular services like Gmail. If you add it to the inbox from spam or add the above email to your contacts, then this may not happen. In any case, I have no control over this
- Video links on youtube will not be visible in the newsletter. The plain youtube link will be seen and you can navigate to that.
- If for some reason, the images are not seen clearly, you can click on the image to see a clear version.
- After you sign up, I shall send you a welcome email (within a day) with the last published post in ad-free format. You can then add the email to your contacts and/or unjunk the mail from your spam folder.
- The emails will be sent from the freefincal server and there can be delays and at times when emails not getting sent. I shall keep an eye out for this and sort them out asap.
- The ad-free newsletter does not entitle you to anything other than the newsletter. I am not obliged to respond to your emails unless they are about the service itself.
People crib a lot about everything. Let me see how many of them actually sign up for this.
IMPORTANT: By signing up for the ad-free newsletter, you agree to not share the emails sent with anyone!
Organisations cannot sign up for this for distribution among members or employees.
This is for individual use only
Subscribe and join the freefincal Youtube community!
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. It is also available in Kindle format.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is meant for young earners to get their basics right from day one! It will also help you travel to exotic places at low cost! Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)