A roundup post after a long break!
- Dev Ashish who runs stableinvestor.com has launched Ultra Long Term Stocks a stock-report subscription service. It would send out reports on stocks suitable for the buy-and-hold investor. Despite his youth, Dev is a level headed and experienced investor and runs a respectable blog. I think the service is quite reasonably priced and should be suitable for those who want to patiently create wealth.
- Meanwhile, another young stock investor has started an interesting blog: Tyroinvestor.com. Check out
- Captain AK Anand shared this article in FB group Asan Ideas For Wealth, "Estimating losses to customers on account of
mis-selling life insurance policies in India" Here is the abstract
- This paper presents two approaches that use publicly available data to estimate the loss to investors from mis-selling of insurance products. The first approach uses the number of lapsed policies from the annual reports of the insurance regulator, IRDA, while the second method uses the persistence of premium payments that are reported in the annual reports of individual insurance companies. Both these methods arrive at a similar estimate a loss of about Rs.1.5 trillion, or $28 billion, to investors owing to mis-selling over the 2004-05 to 2011-12 period.
- NPS Update: My CAGR is currently 10.71%. Finally, the schemes have recovered from the July 2013 bonds crash.
- A couple of posts from the archives for newer readers:
Subscribe to get posts via email
|You Can Be Rich Too With Goal-based Investing A book that can help you ask the right questions about money and find simple solutions. Comes with nine online calculator modules. Read more about the book and order now!|
GameChanger - Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live The Rich Live You want Take that international trip at 50% lower costs! Optimise credit card usage! Set money management on auto-pilot! Read more about the book and order now!