A roundup post after a long break!
- Dev Ashish who runs stableinvestor.com has launched Ultra Long Term Stocks a stock-report subscription service. It would send out reports on stocks suitable for the buy-and-hold investor. Despite his youth, Dev is a level headed and experienced investor and runs a respectable blog. I think the service is quite reasonably priced and should be suitable for those who want to patiently create wealth.
- Meanwhile, another young stock investor has started an interesting blog: Tyroinvestor.com. Check out
- Captain AK Anand shared this article in FB group Asan Ideas For Wealth, "Estimating losses to customers on account of
mis-selling life insurance policies in India" Here is the abstract
- This paper presents two approaches that use publicly available data to estimate the loss to investors from mis-selling of insurance products. The first approach uses the number of lapsed policies from the annual reports of the insurance regulator, IRDA, while the second method uses the persistence of premium payments that are reported in the annual reports of individual insurance companies. Both these methods arrive at a similar estimate a loss of about Rs.1.5 trillion, or $28 billion, to investors owing to mis-selling over the 2004-05 to 2011-12 period.
- NPS Update: My CAGR is currently 10.71%. Finally, the schemes have recovered from the July 2013 bonds crash.
- A couple of posts from the archives for newer readers:
Register for the New Delhi DIY Investor meet: April 23rd 2017Get free, yet comprehensive calculators, tools and analysis delivered to your mailbox! Subscribe to get posts via email
Buy our New Book!You Can Be Rich With Goal-based Investing A book by P V Subramanyam (subramoney.com) & M Pattabiraman. Read more about the book and pre-order now!