- As one of the first personal finance bloggers to promote ‘direct’ mutual funds and one of the first trail commission-free ‘direct’ investors (I made a transaction on 1st Jan. 2013 early in the morning) I cannot help feel a touch responsible while reading this: Is mutual fund distribution business headed for extinction?
- Some analysis using long term equity and debt funds in India [Part 1]
- Related Freefincal resource: Mutual Fund Rolling Returns Analysis: Franklin India Blue Chip Fund
- Some analysis using long term equity and debt funds in India (Part 2)
- Above analysis are part of Reddit IndiaInvestments Wiki page
- According to SEBI, financial planners can no longer distribute mutual funds or sell any products. Very few planners have bothered to comply with this norm making their practice illegal: Take note… take care (w.r.t. SEBI RIA Regulations) Only time will tell the fate of those who have not complied with this regulation.
- You can check the list of Sebi registered investment advisors from here: http://www.sebi.gov.in/sebiweb/home/detail/26311/no/List-of-Registered-Investment-Advisors
- Although this move is designed to remove conflict of interest, a SEBI registered financial planner is free to transfer the mutual fund distribution business to a relative/friend.
Subscribe and join the freefincal Youtube community!
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. It is also available in Kindle format.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is meant for young earners to get their basics right from day one! It will also help you travel to exotic places at low cost! Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)