- As one of the first personal finance bloggers to promote ‘direct’ mutual funds and one of the first trail commission-free ‘direct’ investors (I made a transaction on 1st Jan. 2013 early in the morning) I cannot help feel a touch responsible while reading this: Is mutual fund distribution business headed for extinction?
- Some analysis using long term equity and debt funds in India [Part 1]
- Related Freefincal resource: Mutual Fund Rolling Returns Analysis: Franklin India Blue Chip Fund
- Some analysis using long term equity and debt funds in India (Part 2)
- Above analysis are part of Reddit IndiaInvestments Wiki page
- According to SEBI, financial planners can no longer distribute mutual funds or sell any products. Very few planners have bothered to comply with this norm making their practice illegal: Take note… take care (w.r.t. SEBI RIA Regulations) Only time will tell the fate of those who have not complied with this regulation.
- You can check the list of Sebi registered investment advisors from here: http://www.sebi.gov.in/sebiweb/home/detail/26311/no/List-of-Registered-Investment-Advisors
- Although this move is designed to remove conflict of interest, a SEBI registered financial planner is free to transfer the mutual fund distribution business to a relative/friend.
Subscribe to get posts via email
|You Can Be Rich Too With Goal-based Investing A book that can help you ask the right questions about money and find simple solutions. Comes with nine online calculator modules. Read more about the book and order now!|
GameChanger - Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live The Rich Live You want Take that international trip at 50% lower costs! Optimise credit card usage! Set money management on auto-pilot! Read more about the book and order now!