- As one of the first personal finance bloggers to promote ‘direct’ mutual funds and one of the first trail commission-free ‘direct’ investors (I made a transaction on 1st Jan. 2013 early in the morning) I cannot help feel a touch responsible while reading this: Is mutual fund distribution business headed for extinction?
- Some analysis using long term equity and debt funds in India [Part 1]
- Related Freefincal resource: Mutual Fund Rolling Returns Analysis: Franklin India Blue Chip Fund
- Some analysis using long term equity and debt funds in India (Part 2)
- Above analysis are part of Reddit IndiaInvestments Wiki page
- According to SEBI, financial planners can no longer distribute mutual funds or sell any products. Very few planners have bothered to comply with this norm making their practice illegal: Take note… take care (w.r.t. SEBI RIA Regulations) Only time will tell the fate of those who have not complied with this regulation.
- You can check the list of Sebi registered investment advisors from here: http://www.sebi.gov.in/sebiweb/home/detail/26311/no/List-of-Registered-Investment-Advisors
- Although this move is designed to remove conflict of interest, a SEBI registered financial planner is free to transfer the mutual fund distribution business to a relative/friend.
Free Apps for your Android PhoneInstall Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)