- As one of the first personal finance bloggers to promote ‘direct’ mutual funds and one of the first trail commission-free ‘direct’ investors (I made a transaction on 1st Jan. 2013 early in the morning) I cannot help feel a touch responsible while reading this: Is mutual fund distribution business headed for extinction?
- Some analysis using long term equity and debt funds in India [Part 1]
- Related Freefincal resource: Mutual Fund Rolling Returns Analysis: Franklin India Blue Chip Fund
- Some analysis using long term equity and debt funds in India (Part 2)
- Above analysis are part of Reddit IndiaInvestments Wiki page
- According to SEBI, financial planners can no longer distribute mutual funds or sell any products. Very few planners have bothered to comply with this norm making their practice illegal: Take note… take care (w.r.t. SEBI RIA Regulations) Only time will tell the fate of those who have not complied with this regulation.
- You can check the list of Sebi registered investment advisors from here: http://www.sebi.gov.in/sebiweb/home/detail/26311/no/List-of-Registered-Investment-Advisors
- Although this move is designed to remove conflict of interest, a SEBI registered financial planner is free to transfer the mutual fund distribution business to a relative/friend.
Buy our New Book!You Can Be Rich With Goal-based Investing A book by P V Subramanyam (subramoney.com) & M Pattabiraman. Hard bound. Price: Rs. 399/- and Kindle Rs. 349/-. Read more about the book and pre-order now!