- 'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing', a book by renowned stock market guru, Basant Maheswari who runs a paid stock advisory portal - theequitydesk.com will be released. Here is a preview of the preface: Dare to Dream with Stocks
- Thinknum is an interesting portal for investment research and financial research that allows you to collaborate with users from other parts of the world.
- Thefundoo.com is an interesting mutual fund research and analysis portal. They have recently launched their mutual fund selection service: the fund picker
- Excellent article on Social aging by Narendra Kondajji.
- As an offshoot of a discussion at Asan Ideas for Wealth FB group, here is the 5 year rolling returns of Reliance Growth fund versus the Sensex. The fund is benchmarked wrt BSE 100 (there is nearly 100% correlation between BSE 100 and the Sensex)
- This graph was obtained with my automated rolling returns analyser
- Notice that the fund has behaved liked an index fund from the middle of 2008. One-year rolling returns resembling the Sensex (like it does for Franklin India BlueChip) is quite fine. If a 5 year rolling return drops down to merge with an index, it is a clear sign of poor fund management.
- Rolling returns is an excellent way to gain insights into how consistent a funds performance is wrt its benchmark. I urge you to use the automated analyser and share your graphs and thoughts on your fund holdings.
- Several readers have volunteered to check my automated mutual fund and financial goal tracker. I am now correcting bugs and improving the user interface based on their feedback. I would like to thank all of them. If you are interested to check out this tracker, leave a comment and I will send it to you by email.
Free Apps for your Android Phone
Freefincal has open-source, comprehensive Excel spreadsheets, tools, analysis and unbiased, conflict of interest-free commentary on different aspects of personal finance and investing. If you find the content useful, please consider supporting us by (1) sharing our articles and (2) disabling ad-blockers for our site if you are using one. We do not accept sponsored posts, links or guest posts request from content writers and agencies.
Blog Comment Policy
Your thoughts are vital to the health of this blog and are the driving force behind the analysis and calculators that you see here. We welcome criticism and differing opinions. I will do my very best to respond to all comments asap. Please do not include hyperlinks or email ids in the comment body. Such comments will be moderated and I reserve the right to delete the entire comment or remove the links before approving them.