- ‘The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing’, a book by renowned stock market guru, Basant Maheswari who runs a paid stock advisory portal – theequitydesk.com will be released. Here is a preview of the preface: Dare to Dream with Stocks
- Thinknum is an interesting portal for investment research and financial research that allows you to collaborate with users from other parts of the world.
- Thefundoo.com is an interesting mutual fund research and analysis portal. They have recently launched their mutual fund selection service: the fund picker
- Excellent article on Social aging by Narendra Kondajji.
- As an offshoot of a discussion at Asan Ideas for Wealth FB group, here is the 5 year rolling returns of Reliance Growth fund versus the Sensex. The fund is benchmarked wrt BSE 100 (there is nearly 100% correlation between BSE 100 and the Sensex)
- This graph was obtained with my automated rolling returns analyser
- Notice that the fund has behaved liked an index fund from the middle of 2008. One-year rolling returns resembling the Sensex (like it does for Franklin India BlueChip) is quite fine. If a 5 year rolling return drops down to merge with an index, it is a clear sign of poor fund management.
- Rolling returns is an excellent way to gain insights into how consistent a funds performance is wrt its benchmark. I urge you to use the automated analyser and share your graphs and thoughts on your fund holdings.
- Several readers have volunteered to check my automated mutual fund and financial goal tracker. I am now correcting bugs and improving the user interface based on their feedback. I would like to thank all of them. If you are interested to check out this tracker, leave a comment and I will send it to you by email.
Want to conduct a sales-free "basics of money management" session in your office?
I conduct free seminars to employees or societies. Only the very basics and getting-started steps are discussed (no scary math):For example: How to define financial goals, how to save tax with a clear goal in mind; How to use a credit card for maximum benefit; When to buy a house; How to start investing; how to invest for and after retirement etc. depending on the audience. If you are interested, you can contact me: freefincal [at] Gmail [dot] com. You need to only cover my travel fare for the session.
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google Plus and Pinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. The Kindle edition is only Rs. 199.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is now only Rs 199 (Kindle Rs. 99) Get it or gift it to a young earner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)