- 'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing', a book by renowned stock market guru, Basant Maheswari who runs a paid stock advisory portal - theequitydesk.com will be released. Here is a preview of the preface: Dare to Dream with Stocks
- Thinknum is an interesting portal for investment research and financial research that allows you to collaborate with users from other parts of the world.
- Thefundoo.com is an interesting mutual fund research and analysis portal. They have recently launched their mutual fund selection service: the fund picker
- Excellent article on Social aging by Narendra Kondajji.
- As an offshoot of a discussion at Asan Ideas for Wealth FB group, here is the 5 year rolling returns of Reliance Growth fund versus the Sensex. The fund is benchmarked wrt BSE 100 (there is nearly 100% correlation between BSE 100 and the Sensex)
- This graph was obtained with my automated rolling returns analyser
- Notice that the fund has behaved liked an index fund from the middle of 2008. One-year rolling returns resembling the Sensex (like it does for Franklin India BlueChip) is quite fine. If a 5 year rolling return drops down to merge with an index, it is a clear sign of poor fund management.
- Rolling returns is an excellent way to gain insights into how consistent a funds performance is wrt its benchmark. I urge you to use the automated analyser and share your graphs and thoughts on your fund holdings.
- Several readers have volunteered to check my automated mutual fund and financial goal tracker. I am now correcting bugs and improving the user interface based on their feedback. I would like to thank all of them. If you are interested to check out this tracker, leave a comment and I will send it to you by email.
Subscribe to get posts via email
|You Can Be Rich Too With Goal-based Investing A book that can help you ask the right questions about money and find simple solutions. Comes with nine online calculator modules. Read more about the book and order now!|
GameChanger - Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live The Rich Live You want Take that international trip at 50% lower costs! Optimise credit card usage! Set money management on auto-pilot! Read more about the book and order now!