- 'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing', a book by renowned stock market guru, Basant Maheswari who runs a paid stock advisory portal - theequitydesk.com will be released. Here is a preview of the preface: Dare to Dream with Stocks
- Thinknum is an interesting portal for investment research and financial research that allows you to collaborate with users from other parts of the world.
- Thefundoo.com is an interesting mutual fund research and analysis portal. They have recently launched their mutual fund selection service: the fund picker
- Excellent article on Social aging by Narendra Kondajji.
- As an offshoot of a discussion at Asan Ideas for Wealth FB group, here is the 5 year rolling returns of Reliance Growth fund versus the Sensex. The fund is benchmarked wrt BSE 100 (there is nearly 100% correlation between BSE 100 and the Sensex)
- This graph was obtained with my automated rolling returns analyser
- Notice that the fund has behaved liked an index fund from the middle of 2008. One-year rolling returns resembling the Sensex (like it does for Franklin India BlueChip) is quite fine. If a 5 year rolling return drops down to merge with an index, it is a clear sign of poor fund management.
- Rolling returns is an excellent way to gain insights into how consistent a funds performance is wrt its benchmark. I urge you to use the automated analyser and share your graphs and thoughts on your fund holdings.
- Several readers have volunteered to check my automated mutual fund and financial goal tracker. I am now correcting bugs and improving the user interface based on their feedback. I would like to thank all of them. If you are interested to check out this tracker, leave a comment and I will send it to you by email.
Get GameChanger (my second book) + Pranav's Travel Training Kit GameChanger (hardcopy is now available for ₹279 (249 +30 for shipping) and the Travel Training Kit is available for immediate download for ₹150.
Get free, yet comprehensive calculators, tools and analysis delivered to your mailbox! Subscribe to get posts via email
Buy our New Book!You Can Be Rich With Goal-based Investing A book by P V Subramanyam (subramoney.com) & M Pattabiraman. Read more about the book and pre-order now!