This week I am holed up in the hospital taking care of my mother who broke her leg last Wednesday. The advantage of not having an i-pad or smart phone is that I get to sit in front of the computer only once a day for about 30 minutes or so. It gives me time to read. I am currently reading a book on portfolio management (FlipKart non-affiliate link), and this has given me many new calculator ideas.
In any case I already have many suggestions from readers to work on.
- Sharad Singh who runs TheFundoo shared on FB this interesting article he has co-authored on the shortcomings of the Sharpe ratio, a commonly used mutual fund risk measure: The Sharpe-less-ness, when the lighthouse misguides
- If you would like to understand mutual fund risk and return measures like alpha, beta, r-squared, Sharpe ratio etc. you can check out my post on this: Visualizing Mutual Fund Volatility Measures
- A couple of interesting posts from safetrade.in
Please contribute to the Weekend roundup:
For a variety of reasons I am not able to spend time reading topics on personal finance. So I don’t get to share resources in the weekend roundup posts more often.
If you have some useful resources on personal finance (preferably unconventional and less popular ones) please feel free to send them to me. I will make them part of the roundup posts with full credit to you.
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. It is also available in Kindle format.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is meant for young earners to get their basics right from day one! It will also help you travel to exotic places at low cost! Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)