1. Here is an excellent read for financial advisors. I strongly recommend individual investors to read it too.
Why 97% of Your Clients Don’t Have Financial Goals and What to Do About It
- Have you checked out my four-part series on goal-based investing?
2. The revised edition of Subra’s book, “Retire-Rich: Invest Rs. 40 a day” is now available as an e-book for Rs. 199/-
Buy Retire Rich Invest: Rs. 40 a Day from Flipkart.com (affiliate link)
- Subra was generous enough to mention me and freefincal in the book as a source for retirement calculators 🙂
3. Financial freedom is a concept gaining popularity among young people. Here is a very interesting blog about a young mans journey to become financially independent before 35
- If you are interested in financial freedom, check out this tool
4. New Pension Scheme news: annual Report (2012-13) of Pension Fund Manager (PFM) LIC Pension Fund Limited was released this week. Here is a snapshot:
- A pretty decent performance indeed. However, subscribers must be aware that the debt component of the NPS, like any other debt fund, is highly susceptible to a bond crash. I painfully discovered this recently: NPS and me
5. Freefincal: the week that was
- Have you checked out this unique Rolling Returns calculator?
- I will be using this calculator to analyze mutual fund performance, starting with HDFC Top 200 (results will be posted next week). If you would like me to analyze performance of a specific fund, let me know.
- A long weekend like the present one is a perfect time to check out the list of all available free financial calculators
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. It is also available in Kindle format.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is meant for young earners to get their basics right from day one! It will also help you travel to exotic places at low cost! Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)