1. Here is an excellent read for financial advisors. I strongly recommend individual investors to read it too.
- Have you checked out my four-part series on goal-based investing?
2. The revised edition of Subra's book, "Retire-Rich: Invest Rs. 40 a day" is now available as an e-book for Rs. 199/-
Buy Retire Rich Invest: Rs. 40 a Day from Flipkart.com (affiliate link)
- Subra was generous enough to mention me and freefincal in the book as a source for retirement calculators 🙂
3. Financial freedom is a concept gaining popularity among young people. Here is a very interesting blog about a young mans journey to become financially independent before 35
- If you are interested in financial freedom, check out this tool
4. New Pension Scheme news: annual Report (2012-13) of Pension Fund Manager (PFM) LIC Pension Fund Limited was released this week. Here is a snapshot:
- A pretty decent performance indeed. However, subscribers must be aware that the debt component of the NPS, like any other debt fund, is highly susceptible to a bond crash. I painfully discovered this recently: NPS and me
5. Freefincal: the week that was
- Have you checked out this unique Rolling Returns calculator?
- I will be using this calculator to analyze mutual fund performance, starting with HDFC Top 200 (results will be posted next week). If you would like me to analyze performance of a specific fund, let me know.
- A long weekend like the present one is a perfect time to check out the list of all available free financial calculators
Subscribe to get posts via email
|You Can Be Rich Too With Goal-based Investing A book that can help you ask the right questions about money and find simple solutions. Comes with nine online calculator modules. Read more about the book and order now!|
GameChanger - Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live The Rich Live You want Take that international trip at 50% lower costs! Optimise credit card usage! Set money management on auto-pilot! Read more about the book and order now!