Last Updated on November 12, 2023 at 3:06 pm
We are happy to announce the launch of the freefincal investor circle! This is an exclusive space for investors, advisors, fintech employees and students to access financial planning and insurance tools, mutual fund analysis tools, coding strategies and Excel macros for data extraction.
The resources can be used for investment analysis, financial planning, financial advisory, learning, and creating custom versions. Members can also share calculators and other resources and discuss ideas or issues in a private Facebook group.
Membership benefits: You get lifetime access (including bug fixes) to the following Excel or Google Sheets tools – see the video below for screenshots.
Total tool count: 15! Updated Nov 2023.
All tools are open-source. No hidden cells, formulae or macros. You can customise them for personal and professional use (see terms and conditions below).
- Mutual fund analysis power tool: Updated and consolidated with the following features.
- Mutual fund vs index fingerprinting tool (used to analyse performance)
- Mutual fund vs index rolling returns (lump sum and SIP)
- Ulcer index tool (a measure of how stressful the fund was to hold)
- Mutual fund vs index rolling volatility, upside and downside capture
- Multiple risks vs return metrics and evaluation score
- Plus more!
- You can freely modify this and create various tools to suit your requirements.
- Financial planning tools: Excel versions of the online calculators available in our book, You Can Be Rich Too with Goal-based Investing and at the SEBI investor education site. Note: The online editions do not allow you to save your inputs/outputs, whereas you can do that with the Excel files and modify them at will.
- Insurance calculator for Young earners
- Insurance calculator for Married earners
- The time value for money
- Flexible compound interest
- Standard compound interest
- Increasing contribution calculator
- Net worth calculator
- Impact of 1% Sip calculator
- The true power of compounding
- Cost of delay calculator
- Goal planner
- Visual goal planner
- Asset allocation
- Monthly investment tracker
- Retirement investment tracker
- Other goals investment tracker
- Financial goal planner
- Create normalized plots of any two-time series over any duration! Two variants are available: (1) MF vs index and (2) Any time series.
- Sheet for Equity LTCG taxation vs non-equity LTCH taxation comparison
- Access to a private Facebook group for discussion and resource sharing.
- Excel macros for extracting JSON files and dynamic URLs.
- Google Sheets to compare five MF portfolios & find overlapping stocks
- Tools for comparing the rolling returns of multiple funds or indices
- A simple Google sheets script for implementing Goal Seek without the limitation of add-ons. This is used in our Robo Advisory Google Sheets edition.
- Updated comprehensive stock analysis spreadsheet.
Join the investor circle! Enjoy a 50% discount for a limited time and pay only Rs. 3000 with discount code circle50. You can get lifetime access to the above tools, discussion forums, and bug fixes.
Important Terms and Conditions:
- No refunds are possible under any circumstance.
- Membership is only for individuals and should not be shared.
- The above tools can be used for personal or professional purposes (e.g. advisory, report preparation, etc.). They should not be re-distributed in any form or manner without prior consent.
- You are free to modify the tools at will for the above purposes.
- Suppose the results from these tools are used in any form of content accessible to the public – articles, videos, social media posts, etc. – the appropriate credit should be given to the source: freefincal.com.
- The tools have been created with the latest version of Excel. They are unlikely to work with very old versions of Excel (e.g. Excel 2007). The power query function is necessary for the data extraction modules to work. This function is built in only from Excel 2016 onwards. No refund will be provided if one or more tools do not work with your Excel version.
- The functioning of the data extraction modules (standalone or bundled in) depends on the availability of external websites, which is beyond our control. These modules may no longer work if these websites change their content delivery method. All other modules will continue to work.
- While the tools have been extensively tested for errors, we cannot guarantee they are free of them. If members bring any errors to our attention, they will be addressed immediately.
- The freefincal investor circle discussion forum is a place to discuss analysis methods, construction of calculators, etc. It is not a place to discuss individual investments and seek public advice.
- The discretion of which tools (created in the past/future) to include in the investor circle is entirely up to the freefincal team.
- The tools listed under “coming soon” are under development. It may not be possible to provide them for various reasons or circumstances.
Screenshot of the tools that members can access
Join the investor circle!
Enjoy a 50% discount for a limited time and pay only Rs. 3000 with discount code circle50. You can get lifetime access to the above tools, discussion forums, and bug fixes.