Welcome to freefincal. This is a description of what we do and how we can help you with your personal finance, DIY investing and money management.
What we do
Freefincal has open-source, comprehensive Excel tools, analysis and unbiased, conflict of interest-free commentary on different aspects of personal finance, DIY investing and money management. While the calculators cannot replace professional financial advice. However, the possibilities they offer enable you to test different scenarios and zero-in on the one best-suited for you. Hopefully, they will help in understanding the interplay between the different factors that influence a financial decision.
- The excel-based calculators offered in this platform are free.
- They represent a work in progress. Although complete at each stage new elements/aspects may be offered in future. Please note the version number of the file and changes mentioned.
- The excel files are not password protected. You will be able to see the formulae used. This means when you use it you should take care to not change the contents of the cell with formulae. Be sure to enter date in the bright green cells only
- Always remember to keep a backup of the original file you downloaded (don’t assume this site will be up forever!)
- Read the instructions carefully. If you don’t understand any of the entries write to us: freefincal [AT] gmail [DOT] com
- We appreciate feedback about how to make the associated description better to understand.
- While we support and encourage DIY investing, we also support conflict of interest-free, fee-only financial advisors who are registered with the Indian regulator SEBI.