Welcome to freefincal. This is a description of what we do and how we can help you with your personal finance, DIY investing and money management.
What we do
Freefincal has open-source, comprehensive Excel tools, analysis and unbiased, conflict of interest-free commentary on different aspects of personal finance, DIY investing and money management. While the calculators cannot replace professional financial advice. However, the possibilities they offer enable you to test different scenarios and zero-in on the one best-suited for you. Hopefully, they will help in understanding the interplay between the different factors that influence a financial decision.
- The excel-based calculators offered in this platform are free.
- They represent a work in progress. Although complete at each stage new elements/aspects may be offered in future. Please note the version number of the file and changes mentioned.
- The excel files are not password protected. You will be able to see the formulae used. This means when you use it you should take care to not change the contents of the cell with formulae. Be sure to enter date in the bright green cells only
- Always remember to keep a backup of the original file you downloaded (don’t assume this site will be up forever!)
- Read the instructions carefully. If you don’t understand any of the entries write to us: freefincal [AT] gmail [DOT] com
- We appreciate feedback about how to make the associated description better to understand.
- While we support and encourage DIY investing, we also support conflict of interest-free, fee-only financial advisors who are registered with the Indian regulator SEBI.
Why we do it
- Generic advice on personal finance should be mathematically consistent
- Math or no math it is PERSONAL finance and not personal FINANCE
We do not offer any kind of investment advice. We also do not work with content writers.
The calculators are independent of currency. A few calculators may express results in Indian Rupees (Rs.). Ignore it or change it to your currency.
The contents of this website, calculators and all articles (written by us and by guest authors) do not constitute investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell securities, mutual funds etc. Any or all the results and predictions of the articles may be proved wrong by future unforeseen movements in markets. Use the material at your own risk and consult your financial advisor and exercise your own due diligence before making any investment decisions
New users can start here:
Subscribe to get posts via email
Dear Reader, if you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback, feel free to contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Email: freefincal [AT] gmail [dot] com
Note: We do not offer any kind of investment advice. We also do not work with content writers.
Kindly do not send guest post requests, link exchange requests, sponsored posts or advertising requests. We will not respond to such messages.
Subscribe to get posts via email"How to" articles; unbiased analysis; free, yet comprehensive calculators and money Management solutions delivered to your inbox!
Buy our New Book!You Can Be Rich With Goal-based Investing A book by P V Subramanyam (subramoney.com) & M Pattabiraman. Hard bound. Price: Rs. 399/- and Kindle Rs. 349/-. Read more about the book and pre-order now!