Here are updated versions of three fixed deposit calculators.
- FD calculator for investment tenure in months and years (tax to paid each FY and advance tax liability)
- minor bug fixed
- FD calculator for investment tenure in days (tax to paid each FY and advance tax liability)
- macro button added to stop and start calculations for easy use
- FD calculator for investment made in spouses name or minor childs name (tax to paid each FY and advance tax liability)
- minor bugs fixed
If you hold fixed deposits, I request you to compare the (pre-tax) maturity value given by these calculators with the value given by the bank. There may be situations where there is a discrepancy. I will post a couple of calculators next week which will help us understand and circumvent this discrepancy.
You feedback is very important for making the calculators more efficient and usable. Do consider sharing these calculators with your friends and family.
If there is a special situation involving FDs/RDs for which a calculator is needed, do share it in the comments section. I will work on it when I get time.
- Can I Plan My Retirement With Recurring Deposits and Fixed Deposits?
- Debt Mutual Funds vs. Fixed Deposits: Volatility Simulator
- Comprehensive Fixed Deposit Calculator - I: Total and Advance Tax Liability
- Debt Mutual Fund vs. Fixed Deposit Comparator - Version II
- Calculator Update: Variable/flexible Recurring Deposit Calculator
- Comprehensive Fixed Deposit Calculator - II: The Income Clubbing Headache
Register for the New Delhi DIY Investor meet: April 23rd 2017Get free, yet comprehensive calculators, tools and analysis delivered to your mailbox! Subscribe to get posts via email
Buy our New Book!You Can Be Rich With Goal-based Investing A book by P V Subramanyam (subramoney.com) & M Pattabiraman. Read more about the book and pre-order now!