This is a guest post by Aparna C K. She has compiled the following guide to e-file income tax return for AY 2014-15. If you have already filed your ITR, do forward this post to a person who is yet to do so.
How to file ITR using efile website:
Create a login. This is useful for future also.
- Go to this site: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Click on Register on the top-right, to create a login. A page will appear asking for details.
- This blog targets common people and not any other user type listed. Out of the two options in the first line of the “User Type” page, select individual, unless you know that you are HUF.
- Follow the steps. Be sure to enter the correct First name, middle name and Surname as per PAN database. Otherwise check it in this link, using your PAN. https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/KnowYourJurisdictionLink.html
- Enter all the necessary details correctly, your registration will be successful. PAN no will be your user ID
- Know which ITR you are supposed to file:
a)If you have an income from just salary, house property and bank deposits (Savings, FD, RD, Flexi RD), it is ITR1
read more ...