The automated stock analyzer now pulls annual (standalone/consolidated) and quarterly financials from Value Research online. It also pulls financials from morningstar, adjusted stock price from money control and calculates intrinsic value five different ways!
Note: If you are not familiar with valuation techniques, I suggest that you download the tool, and read the references provided in each valuation sheet.
Anoop who created the calminvestor.com suggested I get financials from Monycontrol, because it is more detailed than the Morning Star version. However, the Money Control urls are not formulaic.
So I suggested thatI would get it instead from Value Research. I see that it has a few entries that are different from M*. Not too interested to explore the differences too much. Will await your feedback in this regard.
As of now, the data from VR online is only pulled and not used for any analysis. Let me know if anything specific can be done.
Valuation models available:
1) Price Multiple Model
2) Sustainable Growth Rate
3) Book Value Growth Rate (Buffett’s approach to valuation)
4) Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Thanks to Debasish Hazra and Ninand Diveakr for pointing out a bug. This is now corrected
5) Reverse DCF
Do suggest ways in which the sheet can be improved. If you like it, do share this page. Here are some screenshots.
If you are not able to select some stock with Value Research, leave a comment. The fix is easy.
Caveats to note before using the sheet pointed out by Indraneal Balasubramaium
(1) Financial stocks like banks, housing finance companies and non-banking financial companies have balance sheet structures that are likely to be different from regular companies. Make sure to read the annual report and especially notes to financial statements.
(2) Take the time out to understand valuation models and how they are derived, what the implications are. Precision can give a false sense of accuracy, especially when dealing with an uncertain future. Better to be approximately right than exactly wrong.
Do share the sheet with your stock investor community.
Note: Always check if the stock price data downloaded from moneycontrol is correct by clicking on the link provided in the stock price page before proceeding. Let me know if there is a mismatch.
Register for Hyderabad Investor Workshop – June 28th, 2015
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. The Kindle edition is only Rs. 199.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is now only Rs 199 (Kindle Rs. 99) Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)