What if you could make your money dreams come true by creating a simple, but suitable investment plan and set it on auto-pilot? Then you could focus on the things that you love without worrying about the future financial needs of your family 🙂
Two personal finance bloggers, with ~ 8 million site views between them, present a book that will help you ask the right questions about money management and create personalised answers!
Published by CNBC TV 18, YOU Can Be Rich TOO with goal based investing is a crisp non-technical description of money management meant for beginners and young earners to quickly understand the basics and implement them.
What is this book about?
Whether you are a new investor or a senior do-it- yourself investor or an investor taking the help of advisors, you need a financial plan. This plan allows you to
- identify your destination,
- chart a route,
- commence your journey,
- identify milestones in the journey.
This book discusses simple ways to create such a goal-based financial plan to make you rich!
Watch a two-minute video explaining what the book contains and how it can be useful for you
What does the book contain?
Chapters to help you ask the right questions!
# Where are you today
# Where do you want to go?
# What resources do you have?
# How much risk can and will you bear?
Get simple solutions!
# Create an investment plan
# Select suitable investment products
# Detailed Mutual Fund Selection Guides
# Select the right Life & Health Insurance products
# Avoid mistakes
# and much more …
There are 9 online calculators!
Use them to create your custom investment solutions and track them!
Who should read this book?
As mentioned above, this book is a crisp non-technical description of money management and does not contain a single equation!
It is meant for beginners and young earners to quickly understand the basics and implement them.
The book also caters to experts who will find the sections on mutual fund selection; portfolio construction; and the online calculators useful.
About the Authors
PV Subramanyam (Subra) is the CEO of Subramoney, a financial blog that hopes to simplify finance and ask the right questions. An accountant by qualification and a lawyer by training, he has spent his time in the trenches of the financial services industry and has conducted over 1000 training and financial communication sessions across the country for general and specialised audiences. His first book, ‘Retire Rich – Invest Rs. 40 a day, has sold upwards of 150,000 copies so far.
M. Pattabiraman (pattu) is an associate professor at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. He publishes ‘how-to’ articles (often the solutions for Subra’s questions), research and posts open-source calculators on personal finance, mutual funds and stocks on his blog, freefincal.com.
What Readers Say?
Excerpts from a few Amazon reviews:
- “You will not come across any better no-nonsense authors in personal finance space in India. Totally recommended.“
- Simple and powerful This book empowers the reader with the concepts in easy to understand & simple form. Those who have been reading blogs of both authors would know that they are not only good with finance domain but also have a knack of simplifying the methods of investing for their readers. This book by them is a gem of financial knowledge for people who are starting to invest or want to get better at it. The presentation and the thought process with calculators is extremely powerful.The book should be read & calculators used simultaneously to understand the concepts well. The calculators when used with real inputs will show you where you are & where you need to reach for each of your goals. Don’t ignore these numbers.Learnings from Chapters 7 to 11 will help you avoid going off path & saving your money from financially hazardous products. With discipline & right approach suggested here you wouldn’t need a financial advisor to build wealth.
- This is the perfect book on personal finance. Very nicely explained about taxation about debt mutual fund. Topics like early investing and asset allocation are very well explained. – Mahesh Deshmukh
- Highly Recommended For anyone who wishes to take control of his/her finance this book is a must read. Very simply put, even an amateur in finance will be able to understand and implement. The author genuinely attempts to inculcate the habit of investing among the people who have the ability to invest but refrain from doing it, either due to lack of time , interest or understanding!. The message from the book is ” Investment done without setting a goal/ objective is like leaving for a trip without knowing the destination, not every time the end result will be promising. Hence, it’s important to invest in a planned & disciplined manner.” A read is highly recommended 🖒
- A must book for everyone who wants to take control of personal finance. Nice explanation of how a debt mutual fund works. Bonds trading and indexation benefits in high inflation years were something new I learnt. After reading this book you will be able to easily choose any funds, because you will know what that fund does or how that fund works
Read all reviews here: Amazon Reviews
Want to read a sample chapter?
Where can I buy the book?
Infibeam ₹ 280 with Coupon BS10
Googe Play Books App Store (₹ 244.30)