Use this tool to download mutual fund NAV history from Yahoo! Finance.
- Get full historical NAV from inception – not possible with the painful to use AMFI site.
- Fast download!
- Select frequency: daily/weekly/monthly
- Sort ascending or descending
- For dividend mutual funds obtain dividend history alone
- Suitable for Indian Mutual Funds only.
Uses of Mutual Fund NAV history
1. Using calculators available at freefincal:
- Generate Mutual Fund SIP Account Statements and Calculate Returns
- Do your own mutual fund analysis with this Rolling returns calculator. Here is an example of an analysis done for HDFC Top 200
- Use the monthly NAV history option and compare the performance of SIP, growth SIP, lump sum, STP and VIP!
- Compare the difference in returns between direct and regular mutual fund options. Here is an example of an analysis done with HDFC Top 200
- Compare Daily vs. Monthly vs. Quarterly SIP options
- Make a detailed comparison between SIP vs. VIP investment options
2. Other uses
- Performance tracking (short-term and long-term)
- Calculation and volatility measures to quantify risk and return (alpha, beta, omega etc.) – coming soon!
- If you can think of more unique uses, please do let me know!
Updated noting issues pointed by Raghav.
Coming soon: Mutual Fund Benchmark history downloader!
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome!
Free Apps for your Android PhoneInstall Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)