Use this tool to download mutual fund NAV history from Yahoo! Finance.
- Get full historical NAV from inception – not possible with the painful to use AMFI site.
- Fast download!
- Select frequency: daily/weekly/monthly
- Sort ascending or descending
- For dividend mutual funds obtain dividend history alone
- Suitable for Indian Mutual Funds only.
Uses of Mutual Fund NAV history
1. Using calculators available at freefincal:
- Generate Mutual Fund SIP Account Statements and Calculate Returns
- Do your own mutual fund analysis with this Rolling returns calculator. Here is an example of an analysis done for HDFC Top 200
- Use the monthly NAV history option and compare the performance of SIP, growth SIP, lump sum, STP and VIP!
- Compare the difference in returns between direct and regular mutual fund options. Here is an example of an analysis done with HDFC Top 200
- Compare Daily vs. Monthly vs. Quarterly SIP options
- Make a detailed comparison between SIP vs. VIP investment options
2. Other uses
- Performance tracking (short-term and long-term)
- Calculation and volatility measures to quantify risk and return (alpha, beta, omega etc.) – coming soon!
- If you can think of more unique uses, please do let me know!
Updated noting issues pointed by Raghav.
Coming soon: Mutual Fund Benchmark history downloader!
Comments and suggestions for improvement welcome!