Last week I had published FU Money Calculator. This is android app version which you can download for free at the Google Play Store. Also, I discuss freefincal plans in 2017. FU Money is internet slang for saying goodbye to your employer when you have enough money saved. Here F stands for a popular four-letter expletive (bad word) and U stands for You.
When you have enough saved up, you have what John Goodman (video below) refers to in the “Gambler” as your “fortress of ****ing solitude” and you are in a position to wave an FU goodbye to just about anybody.
Regular readers may be aware that this is our third android app. The links to the previous two are found below.
This is the link to the web version of the FU Money Calculator and a screenshot below.
The calculators tells you two inputs (orange square below):
1: If you were to retire today, how long can you generate an inflation-protected income with a lump sum.
2: If you were to retire as intended (normally at say age 60), how long can you financial independent.
So you can use this tool in three ways:
a: Find out if you can quit working altogether
b: Find out if you can stop being employed for a few years before your new enterprise starts becoming profitable
c: Find out if you stop investing for normal retirement today.
Examples can be found here: FU Money Calculator: Are you ready to say goodbye to your employer? This also has the Excel version link.
Install the FU Money Calculator App from the Google Play Store The links to our other apps are found at the end of the post.
Here is the John Goodman video (watch only with headphones).
Now off to plans for 2017.
Weekly Q/A Videos
I would like to make more videos in 2017. At least once a week. So I am thinking of answering questions that you may have in some detail on video, say each Saturday or Sunday.
If you are interested, please this form with a tag #Q/A in the message body and suggest a generic topic or question. I will do my best to answer these. Please avoid fund review suggestions.
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
This year, I would like to take the DIY workshops online. Hopefully sometime soobn.
DIY Investor Workshop in your city
Since Nov 2014, we have held investor workshops at Chennai (4 times, 5th this Jan 29th – few tickets left), Bangalore (6 times), New Delhi (twice), Mumbai (twice) and Pune (once). In 2017, we would arrange for the next Delhi and Pune events.
If you are interested in seeing this event in your city (other than the ones mentioned above), eg. Calcutta, Ahmedabad etc. please fill out this Google sheets form.
What would you like to read?
I have other projects lined up, but I do not wish to talk about it before they are ready to see the light of day. I would like to know what topics do you like to read more about. If I cannot handle those, I can request an expert who can (whether they agree or not is a different matter!)
I would like freefincal to be a lot more accessible that it appears to be, but without diluting quality. No nonsense like “Top 10 Best funds to invest in”. At the same time, I would also like to push the boundaries of topics covered here.
I hope this year, I can cover ideas of MandelBrot – fractals and self-similarity and some trading ideas like Elliot waves. Hope I can pull it off.
Wish you a happy 2017.
You Can Be Rich Too
My new book with PV Subramanyam, published by CNBC TV 18
The book comes with 9 online calculator modules to create your own financial plan.
Infibeam Rs 280 with Coupon BS10
Googe Play Books App Store (Rs 244.30)
What Readers Say
- Simple and powerful This book empowers the reader with the concepts in easy to understand & simple form. Those who have been reading blogs of both authors would know that they are not only good with finance domain but also have a knack of simplifying the methods of investing for their readers. This book by them is a gem of financial knowledge for people who are starting to invest or want to get better at it. The presentation and the thought process with calculators is extremely powerful.The book should be read & calculators used simultaneously to understand the concepts well. The calculators when used with real inputs will show you where you are & where you need to reach for each of your goals. Don’t ignore these numbers.Learnings from Chapters 7 to 11 will help you avoid going off path & saving your money from financially hazardous products. With discipline & right approach suggested here you wouldn’t need a financial advisor to build wealth.
- This is perfect book on personal finance. Very nicely explained about taxation about debt mutual fund. Topics like early investing and asset allocation are very well explained. – Mahesh Deshmukh
- Highly Recommended For anyone who wishes to take control of his/her finance this book is a must read. Very simply put, even an amateur in finance will be able to understand and implement. The author genuinely attempts to inculcate the habit of investing among the people who have the ability to invest but refrain from doing it, either due to lack of time , interest or understanding!. The message from the book is ” Investment done without setting a goal/ objective is like leaving for a trip without knowing the destination, not everytime the end result will be promising. Hence, it’s important to invest in a planned & disciplined manner.” A read is highly recommended ??
- A must book for everyone who wants to take control of personal finance. Nice explanation of how a debt mutual fund works. Bonds trading and indexation benefits in high inflation years were something new I learnt. After reading this book you will be able to easily choose any funds, because you will know what that fund does or how that fund works
Read all reviews here: Amazon Reviews
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. The Kindle edition is only Rs. 199.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is now only Rs 199 (Kindle Rs. 99) Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)