This is an update to the popular Equity Mutual Fund Portfolio Overlap Checker
In this edition I have included all open-ended mutual funds from Value Research Online.
The tool extracts data from the portfolio page of VR Online for 3 mutual funds and determines
- the composition of equity and debt portfolios and plots a bar chart
- the overlap in portfolio among equity and equity oriented balanced funds (a suggestion by Ms. C K Aparna)
- common stocks among equity and equity oriented balanced funds and gives the combined value of each stock holding if the user inputs value of investment (a suggestion by Mr. V Muthu Krishnan)
There are some issues with portfolio comparison with debt and debt oriented balanced funds. If you are interested in such comparisons let me know. I will sort them out and post an updated version.
Here are some screenshots:
The main data entry page
Comparing portfolios of PPFAS LTVF, Franklin India Blue Chip and HDFC Balanced
Portfolio composition of Reliance MIP, HDFC Income Fund & Templeton India Govt Securities fund
Moneycontrol edition: Equity Mutual Fund Portfolio Comparison Tool (Oct 2016) Thanks to Prakash Warty for pointing out a bug (now corrected).
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google Plus and Pinterest
Do check out my books
My first book is now available at a 35% discount for Rs. 258. It comes with nine online calculators. Get it now . The Kindle edition is only Rs. 199.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is now only Rs 199 (Kindle Rs. 99) Get it or gift it to a young earner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)