If I were to redeem an amount today from your mutual fund holding,
- What would be the short term capital gain?
- What would be the long term capital gain?
- What is the tax corresponding to these gains?
- what amount is free to be redeemed from an ELSS fund?
- How would I lose due to exit load?
Here is a calculator that answers the above questions (updated for FY 2015-16). Use it to compute short term and long term capital gains with associated tax from equity and non-equity mutual funds. This sheet is part of the automated mutual fund and financial goal tracker. I thought it might be a good idea tofirst post the capital gains module as a stand-alone sheet. This might help one in understanding the difficulties involved in computing short-term and long-term capital gains (STCG and LTCG) tax for mutual funds.