On popular demand, I have now included the possibility to track the growth of real estate (or any other) investment.
The user will have to first use the retirement calculator. The inputs of this sheet are used for tracking the corpus each month.
The monthly investment made in
- equity (stocks or mf)
- taxable debt
- tax-free debt
- any other instrument
should be entered by the user along with the total actual value of the instrument.
The progress of the each instrument can be tracked in the same sheet. The total investment can also be graphically tracked.
How to use
- This is meant only for disciplined investors.
- Use it once a month, preferably the month end.
- Enter the investments and value of the instruments and track them.
- Even if the instrument grows at exactly the same rate at which you expect it, there will be a small difference between the actual and expected value. This can be safely ignored.
- An experimental feature, how long would my corpus last? has been included. Please let me know if this gives meaningful numbers.
Screenshot of the input sheet (click to enlarge)
Screenshot of the corpus growth graph
Have used some dummy numbers to generate this. Your graph with real numbers will look way better!
Have included some dummy data. Please delete before use.
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. It is also available in Kindle format.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is meant for young earners to get their basics right from day one! It will also help you travel to exotic places at low cost! Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)