On popular demand, I have now included the possibility to track the growth of real estate (or any other) investment.
The user will have to first use the retirement calculator. The inputs of this sheet are used for tracking the corpus each month.
The monthly investment made in
- equity (stocks or mf)
- taxable debt
- tax-free debt
- any other instrument
should be entered by the user along with the total actual value of the instrument.
The progress of the each instrument can be tracked in the same sheet. The total investment can also be graphically tracked.
How to use
- This is meant only for disciplined investors.
- Use it once a month, preferably the month end.
- Enter the investments and value of the instruments and track them.
- Even if the instrument grows at exactly the same rate at which you expect it, there will be a small difference between the actual and expected value. This can be safely ignored.
- An experimental feature, how long would my corpus last? has been included. Please let me know if this gives meaningful numbers.
Screenshot of the input sheet (click to enlarge)
Screenshot of the corpus growth graph
Have used some dummy numbers to generate this. Your graph with real numbers will look way better!
Have included some dummy data. Please delete before use.
Subscribe to get posts via email
|You Can Be Rich Too With Goal-based Investing A book that can help you ask the right questions about money and find simple solutions. Comes with nine online calculator modules. Read more about the book and order now!|
GameChanger - Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live The Rich Live You want Take that international trip at 50% lower costs! Optimise credit card usage! Set money management on auto-pilot! Read more about the book and order now!