Use this Excel sheet to automatically determine the valuation of 21 NSE indices with long-term averages of PE, PB and Div Yield ratios along with ROE and rolling one-year EPS growth rate and dual moving averages. This is a major update to the Nifty PE Valuation Analysis spreadsheet where I have integrated Pranav Date's NSE historical price and ratios downloader.
Before we look at the features of the sheet, two quick announcements:
- V Ramesh, CEO of MF Utility will be joining Ashal and me at the Pune Investor Meet on Feb 26th. You can register via here. Only a few seats left.
- My book with PV Subramanyam, You Can Be Rich Too With Goal Based Investing is now available at a massive 30% discount of Rs. 278/- from amazon.
1: These charts are provided for information only. No investment suggestions are provided. I only use them sparingly for education and not for investments. Goal-based systematic investment continues regardless of current developments.
2: Research ( some mine, plenty from others) have shown that market timing has a high probability of reducing volatility, but may or may not enhance returns.
3: Markets crash for no rhyme or reason. They can 'crash' at any Nifty value or PE.
4: Long-term investors must understand the relevance of the Nifty PE for the long-term investor and misconceptions about the Nifty PEbefore worrying about the current value or PE.
5: History tells us that there is no particular advantage in exiting 'hot' markets and re-entering 'cold' ones (links below).
3) If you think the market is over-valued, take some money off the table, if you will but do so because you would like to reduce stress and rest easy and not because you would like to maximise returns.
4) Exit and enter as per the requirements of your goal and not because someone says so.
5) Nifty at 9000 or PE at 25 means little. One should use multiple metrics to evaluate the state of the market. This sheet offers only a few of them.
Features of the Nifty Analyser
The user can choose from one of these 21 indices and download historical price and valuation ratios: PE, PB and Dividend Yield.
Thanks to Pranav, a single click would fetch both the price index and PE,PB and Div Yield ratios. Users can change the moving average interval too.
NIFTY NEXT 50: Evaluating the Nifty Next 50 as an Index Fund
NIFTY MIDCAP 150
NIFTY MIDCAP 50
NIFTY FULL MIDCAP 100
NIFTY MID100 FREE
NIFTY SMALLCAP 250
NIFTY SMALLCAP 50
NIFTY FULL SMALLCAP 100
NIFTY SML100 FREE
NIFTY MIDSMALLCAP 400
Nifty Strategy Indices as Mutual Fund Benchmarks
NIFTY DIV OPPS 50
NIFTY ALPHA 50
NIFTY HIGH BETA 50: Nifty High Beta 50: an unsmart beta strategy
NIFTY LOW VOLATILITY 50: Nifty Low Volatility 50: A Benchmark Index to watch out for
NIFTY QUALITY 30
NIFTY50 VALUE 20: Nifty50 Value 20 Index (NV20) as a mutual fund benchmark
NIFTY GROWSECT 15
After that, the user can study the price chart with dual moving average indicators.
Simple Moving Averages: 150 and 363 days
How to use (1): Moving Average Market Level Indicator
How to use (2): Nifty 200 DMA: Buying High vs Buying Low
Nifty PE Valuation Analysis:10Y average and standard deviation bands
How to use (1): Relevance of the Nifty PE for the long-term investor
How to use (2): Misconceptions about the Nifty PE
Nifty PB Valuation with 10Y average and standard deviation bands
Div Yield with 10Y average and standard deviation bands
EPS one-year rolling growth rate
No sign of earnings yet!
Return on Equity or Book Yield
Heading south for the last 10Y!
Please join me in congratulating Pranav. Freefincal cannot grow without such support from friends, readers and DIY investing community.
Pune Investor Workshop (personal finance) Feb 26th, 2017
The second Pune workshop will be held on Feb 26th, 2017. You can register for this via this link
You Can Be Rich Too With Goal-Based Investing
Gift it to your Friends and Relatives whom you care more. Already follower of Pattu and Subra's forum. Ordered 4 more copies to give gift to my friends and eagerly waiting to read
The best book ever on Financial Freedom Planning. Go get it now!
Your first investment should be buying this book
The (nine online) calculators are really awesome and will give you all possible insights
Thank you, readers, for your generous support and patronage.
Amazon Hardcover Rs. 278 30% OFF
Kindle at Amazon.in (Rs. 244.30)
Infibeam Now just Rs. 307 use love10 to get additional 10% OFF.
If you use a mobikwik wallet, and purchase via infibeam, you can get up to 100% cashback!!
- Ask the right questions about money
- get simple solutions
- Define your goals clearly with worksheets
- Calculate the correct asset allocation for each goal.
- Find out how much insurance cover you need, and how much you need to invest with nine online calculator modules
- Learn to choose mutual funds qualitatively and quantitatively.
More information is available here: A Beginner's Guide To Make Your Money Dreams Come True!
What Readers Say
Also Available At
Amazon.com ($ 3.70 or Rs. 267)
Google Play Store (Rs. 244.30)