Asan Ideas for wealth (AIFW) is a Facebook group on personal finance, run by Ashal Jauhari. I have been a ‘active’ member there for a little more than 2 years now. Here are some things the group has taught me.
- If you spend too much time in a forum, people tend to think (incorrectly) that you are one of the administrators and that most of your blog traffic comes from there
- Free lunch is a dish best served hot for most people. The search option is rarely used.
- Do not argue with a closed mind. If you do, call yourself a *%$# and never repeat that mistake.
- I am yet to understand why only 10% of members are ‘active’ and what the others, especially members from the financial services are doing.
- Balaji Swaminathan is a search engine expert (among other things).
- Captain A. K. Anand has an extraordinary memory
- Sundaram Anathakrishnan is the most perceptive person I have met, and can see through a person quite quickly.
- Ashal Jauhari is a monk (munk, if you are Goundamani fan)
- People change their profile pictures. So remember names. Mandatory for pt. 3.
- ‘What others are doing’ is a hot topic in a ‘personal’ finance forum.
- Do not assume everyone who posts will understand abbreviations like MDBSC and taglines like “Nike” –> ‘Just do it’ and “Hero Honda” –> fill it, shut it, forget it!
- People who don’t have any conflict of interest are the first (and perhaps the only ones) to understand what it means!
That is more than ten. My bad, I should have known how inspiring AIFW is for a blogger. There is more, much of it unfit for public consumption.
Let me take this opportunity to thank all the friends I have made through AIFW despite my caustic nature. Thank you for your support. Thank you for understanding what I am trying to say.
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google Plus and Pinterest
Do check out my books
You Can Be Rich Too with Goal-Based InvestingMy first book is now available at a 35% discount for Rs. 258. It comes with nine online calculators. Get it now. The kindle edition is only Rs. 199.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantGet it or gift it to a young earner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaGet the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneInstall Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)