Asan Ideas for wealth (AIFW) is a Facebook group on personal finance, run by Ashal Jauhari. I have been a 'active' member there for a little more than 2 years now. Here are some things the group has taught me.
- If you spend too much time in a forum, people tend to think (incorrectly) that you are one of the administrators and that most of your blog traffic comes from there
- Free lunch is a dish best served hot for most people. The search option is rarely used.
- Do not argue with a closed mind. If you do, call yourself a *%$# and never repeat that mistake.
- I am yet to understand why only 10% of members are 'active' and what the others, especially members from the financial services are doing.
- Balaji Swaminathan is a search engine expert (among other things).
- Captain A. K. Anand has an extraordinary memory
- Sundaram Anathakrishnan is the most perceptive person I have met, and can see through a person quite quickly.
- Ashal Jauhari is a monk (munk, if you are Goundamani fan)
- People change their profile pictures. So remember names. Mandatory for pt. 3.
- 'What others are doing' is a hot topic in a 'personal' finance forum.
- Do not assume everyone who posts will understand abbreviations like MDBSC and taglines like "Nike" --> 'Just do it' and "Hero Honda" --> fill it, shut it, forget it!
- People who don't have any conflict of interest are the first (and perhaps the only ones) to understand what it means!
That is more than ten. My bad, I should have known how inspiring AIFW is for a blogger. There is more, much of it unfit for public consumption.
Let me take this opportunity to thank all the friends I have made through AIFW despite my caustic nature. Thank you for your support. Thank you for understanding what I am trying to say.
Subscribe to get posts via email
|You Can Be Rich Too With Goal-based Investing A book that can help you ask the right questions about money and find simple solutions. Comes with nine online calculator modules. Read more about the book and order now!|
GameChanger - Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live The Rich Live You want Take that international trip at 50% lower costs! Optimise credit card usage! Set money management on auto-pilot! Read more about the book and order now!