- This is an update to the Excel Mutual Fund NAV History Downloader posted a few days ago.
- I have now included the possibility of retrieving NAV history from the AMFI website in addition to Yahoo! Finance.
- Can retrieve NAV history of all mutual funds from AMFI up to April 3rd 2006
- If you need NAV history from fund inception then you could try Yahoo! Finance.
- Unfortunately, as pointed out by Raghav in the above post, Yahoo! Finance does not use the AMFI code for all mutual funds. So NAV history of funds like HDFC Top 200 cannot be retrieved. Will have to use AMFI for such funds.
- In the future if an NFO is available the fund name as listed in AMFI and AMFI fund code will need to be added to this tool if you wish to retrieve NAV history.
Wake of a Ferry Boat. Photo Credit: Andrew Farquhar (Flickr)
Update: AMFI changed their web address from http://www.amfiindia.com to http://portal.amfiindia.com
Here is updated calculator incorporating this change
Excel 2007 with macros. If you need .xls files, leave a comment.
Coming Soon: Mutual Fund SIP Returns Analyzer
Have you checked out the other mutual fund and equity calculators/resources available?
- Equity Mutual Fund Analyzer -Lite
- Excel-based Mutual Fund Portfolio Tracker (Version 1)
- Comprehensive MF Investment Mode Comparator
- Rolling Returns Calculator
- Direct vs. Regular MF-Returns Comparison
- Step-by-step Guide to Choosing a Mutual Fund
- Daily vs. Monthly vs. Quarterly SIP
- Mutual Fund SIP Returns
- Sensex Rolling Returns with dividends
- SIP vs. VIP Comparator
- SIP vs. VIP Comparator – FundsIndia Report
- Direct vs. Regular Mutual Fund Comparator
- MF Expense Ratio Calculator
- DIY Mutual Fund Analysis
- Generating Mutual Fund SIP Account Statements and Calculating Returns With NAV History
- Excel Mutual Fund NAV History Downloader (Yahoo! Finance)
Connect with us on social media
- Twitter @freefincal
- Subscribe to our Youtube Videos
- Posts feed via: Feedburner
- We are also on Google PlusandPinterest
Do check out my books
Get it now. It is also available in Kindle format.
Gamechanger: Forget Startups, Join Corporate & Still Live the Rich Life You WantMy second book is meant for young earners to get their basics right from day one! It will also help you travel to exotic places at low cost! Get it or gift it to a youngearner
The ultimate guide to travel by Pranav SuryaThis is a deep dive analysis into vacation planning, finding cheap flights, budget accommodation, what to do when travelling, how travelling slowly is better financially and psychologically with links to the web pages and hand-holding at every step. Get the pdf for ₹199 (instant download)
Free Apps for your Android PhoneAll calculators from our book, “You can be Rich Too” are now available on Google Play!
Install Financial Freedom App! (Google Play Store)
Install Freefincal Retirement Planner App! (Google Play Store)
Find out if you have enough to say "FU" to your employer (Google Play Store)